The ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks is always working to make its services even better.
One of the ways is by analysing information I collect and receive about users in order to figure out what they might be interested in. This helps me develop more engaging content and provide more effective advertising, which enables me to keep most of The ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks services free.
Information ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks Collect and Receive
I collect and receive information about users in a few different ways:
- Information you provide on this blog. You can give information directly. For example:
- When you sign up to this blog you may give information such as your name, zip code, and date of birth;
- When you purchase one of my paid services or products, you give your billing information, which may include your credit card and banking data;
- When you post comments in response to a stories, articles or videos, ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks -and other users-receive that information; and
- When you otherwise contact me or provide information directly.
Information I may collect or receive information when you use Services. I may collect some of this information using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use Services, I may receive:
- Log information. This is information I automatically collect and store when you use Services.. It may include, for example:
- Information about your interactions with this blog, apps, and other services you use, the content you view, the search queries you submit, and information in cookies and similar technologies;
- Information about how you access this blog, apps, and other services, your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the website you visited before visiting ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks.
- Device information. This is information I automatically collect and store about the device you use when you access this blog. (Note that by “device,” we mean anything you use to access Services. Device information includes, for example:
- The type of device you’re using (e.g., an iPhone);
- Certain device identifiers which may be unique to your device; and
- Your Internet service provider.
- Location information. This information can include, for example, your device’s GPS signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers. I get this information when you use location-enabled services, which can give you driving directions based on your current location.
- Other information. Please note that ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks may use information about your use of certain Services; however, when you use Services, ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks does not read your private online communications without your consent.
- Information from third-party sources. I may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information I have collected or received about you in other ways. I receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using Services.
- Additionally, when you use Services, ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks may collect information about other software on your device for the limited purposes of providing the service you are using and improving the security of ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks services.
How ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks Use the Information We Collect and Receive
I use the information I collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To provide you with Services. I use the information I collect and receive to provide you with the Services you use or request. For example:
- If you sign up to receive information or updates ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks, I’ll use your email address to deliver them to you; and
- If you ask me to remember your login information for Services, I’ll use information stored in cookies when you return to this blog.
- To improve Services. I also use the information I collect and receive to provide content and advertising that people are likely to find relevant and engaging. For example:
- If I notice that ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks users in general prefer national news, I might put that content in a special place on the blog;
- If I notice that a user is searching for something specific on ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks, I might show the user an advertisement or other sites in an Advertising Network; and
- If I receive information from users that a Service isn’t working properly, I may use that information to address any problem.
- To provide effective advertising. This blog uses advertising networks and methods to generate income. I use the information I collect and receive to make the advertising I display on ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks more effective. Some of the ways we do this are:
- Showing you ads based on your online activities, such as the websites and applications you use, the content you view, and the searches you submit on those applications
- Limiting the number of times you see the same ad; and
- Measuring the effectiveness of the ads served.
How ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks Share the Information I Collect and Receive
We may share information with:
- Affiliates. The information one AOL affiliate receives can be shared among other AOL affiliates.
- Business partners. I may share non-personally identifiable information with select business partners, who may use the information for a variety of purposes, including to provide you with relevant advertising.
- Other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to protect Services. I may disclose your information-including the contents of your communications with other parties-to other parties, such as when I have a good faith belief that:
- It is necessary to respond to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
- The information is relevant to a crime that has been or is being committed;
- An emergency exists that poses a threat to your safety or the safety of another person; or
- It is necessary to protect the rights or property of ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks.
- Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event that the ownership of ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks changes, your information may be transferred to another company. If I believe a transfer results in a material change in the use of the information I’ve collected or received about you, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of the transfer.
- Companies that provide services to ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks or act on its behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks.
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising Services, or Functionality on Our Services
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks.
- Such third parties include:
- Advertising providers, which help me provide advertising that are tailored to users’ interests and understand how users respond to those advertisements;
- Audience-measurement companies, which help me measure the overall usage of Services and compare that usage to other online services; and
- Social networking services (like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google ) that enable you to login to ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks and to share things you find with your social network.
Note that some of these companies participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers with choices about whether to receive targeted ads. To learn more, please visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
It’s important to remember that I don’t control the privacy practices of these (or any other) third-party services. So I encourage you to read the privacy policies of the services before connecting to them.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, I may revisit this policy on responding to these signals.
If you feel that the ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks is acting unsafe in terms of your privacy, you may contact me via the blog contact page and expressing your concerns. I do however advise to not use the blog until I have responded to your concerns and you can then make an informed decision whether it is in your best interest to continue using ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks.
Commitment to Security
Although no one can guarantee the security of the information collected and received, I do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. Examples of the types of safeguards I may provide (depending on the circumstances) include:
- Storing the data you provide in controlled facilities;
- Using encryption when you authenticate (i.e., log into the blog), which helps prevent unauthorized access to your login credentials;
- Limiting access to personal information; and
If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you would like to review, have deleted, or stop the further collection of your child’s personal information, you may contact me through the provided contact methods on the blog, where after I will respond via email or any other means of communication.
I am based in the Republic of South Africa and the ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks blog might, or might not be, host in the Republic of South Africa, and, regardless of where you use this Services or otherwise provide information to me, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers where our Services are located. Please note that any information I obtain about you will be stored in accordance with South African privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks Services or by providing me with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the Republic of South Africa or any other location where we host Services.
ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act of the Republic of South Africa regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information. ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks will always endeavour to adhere to South African standards for onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
How to Contact ICT Jurist|Nino Hendricks